Person Specification and Job Description
We are a company providing personalised education programmes for children and young people diagnosed with complex additional needs who find it difficult to access school.
Job Title: Specialist Teacher
Responsible to: Individual Case Leads
It is essential that you...
- have Qualified Teacher Status.
- had previous experience of teaching individuals with complex additional needs.
- had previous experience of teaching children or young people in an education setting.
- had previous experience of planning and delivering curriculums and programmes of learning creatively.
- share our commitment to the protection, safeguarding and wellbeing of children and young people.
- are able to build strong professional relationships with children and young people with complex needs, their families and your colleagues.
- have the enthusiasm to engage children and young people in their learning and a good standard of; Literacy, Numeracy and ICT to be able to support their learning effectively and use our systems at SENse Learning.
- are able to use your own initiative to meet and support children/young people's varying and complex needs.
- are able to react calmly to challenging situations and behaviour and demonstrate the resilience needed to support children with high levels of anxiety.
- have a clean driving licence, business insurance and use of your own car to transport children and young people to community outings and to work experience placements.
- are registered as self employed for tax purposes.
- attend compulsory induction training and MAPA with SENse Learning prior to starting any contracts
- keep up to date with your CPD through courses offered to you through SENse Learning
Duties and Responsibilities:
Understanding of Needs
- Developing strong professional relationships with the children and young people who have complex needs and have often experienced significant difficulties in previous education settings
- Following the guidance in each person's individual risk assessment/student plan to support them to manage their anxiety and behaviour in a positive way and to keep them and others safe.
Planning and Delivery
- Supporting and teaching children and young people to follow learning activities set out by yourselves or by the Case Leads
- Planning and preparing creative, interest based learning activities following guidance provided by the Case Leads.
- Supporting children and young people on community outings and work experience
- Working with other professions to set targets and deliver strategies/activities to meet children and young people's communication, social, sensory, physical, emotional and behavioural needs
Assessment and Paperwork
- Documenting children and young people's progress using photographs, videos and written reports
- Completing the relevant sections of our tracking and monitoring system, LearnTrek.
- Contributing to a half termly snapshot report and full term report on LearnTrek.
- Contributing to an annual report for the students annual review process
- Liasing with the Case Lead to collaboratively set targets for progression
- Communicating frequently and effectively with colleagues and families about the needs of the children and young people and regularly reviewing our strategies and practice as these complex needs change.
- Communicating with your colleagues within your specific teams
- Attending half termly team meeting with Case Lead
Pay: £40-£45 an hour.
Mileage Expenses: Over 100 miles travelled per week, per student, can be claimed at 0.45p per mile. All mileage can be claimed for miles travelled with a student in the car E.G Work Experience, Trips out.
Please contact Kaya on 01444 400896 or email@example.com for an application form.